This is something I wrote six years ago when I made my first attempt at blogging. It's funny that even in just a few short years you can look back and think "I was so young then." You grow as a person everyday. A little older and a little more wise, reflecting on times passed:
It happens too often that driving down the street, looking at a picture or listening to a song, at times for a brief moment I feel completely empty. The crazy thing is that for as sad as I am for that little bit of time, the meaning is good. To know that I need friendships, need love, and need happiness. When you don't have those things you are completely isolated and alone, but when you do have them, those brief moments of emptiness make you appreciate the good times so much more.
We are all heart broken. We all fear that life won't turn out the way want it to. We all long for the things we can't have, and don't want the things we do have. I suppose it's just human nature to be neglectful, regretful, and selfish. We spend our days passing by each other with deceiving smiles. We put people down without giving the chance to really know them. We tell people we love them just as easily as we can tell them we hate them. And even though we would like to say we do, we really don't appreciate the good people in our lives.
This is random I know and doesn't make sense to some of you, but if you understand, think about this. From time to time I think about things that you probably wouldn't think I could or would. It's not always necessary to share things with people, but in this case I think it should be because even though I understand I may not always live my life the right way, I understand where I am going and eventually I will get there. I hope you someday too understand.
After you've read this, listen to this song. Don't ask me why but this song is the reason I wrote this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Nnrj6i9Vk
No comments:
Post a Comment