The fog has rolled in. It's been here for days and days now. Slowing down traffic, hiding all the scenic beauties this state is known for and I think this is life. We run at full speed trying to be the fastest to get everywhere we are going, all of the time. Pass by me. Hit your blinker and take the next lane. Go a little faster to get to the same place we'll both be anyway, but feel good know that you weren't behind me on the way. You should follow me though, because I've thought this trip through and know not only where we're going, but why we're going.
Creativity is literally something we make. We will almost never be the first person to do anything, but we can do it in a style that makes it all our own. I want to bleed onto paper. Thoughts and ideas will drip, drip down onto the tablet. Pushing sliding and phrasing these truths, these little pieces that make the situation real. That is making things happen. I can draw a picture to save my life. I can take a camera and in my novice fashion, click click images of landscapes and moments in time. I can make those things happen, because they are there. OR...I could create something that never was. Give all the details, the sounds, the feelings and as you close eyes, draw a picture with my words that could make you....make you smile, or cry give you goose bumps on your neck, make you feel whatever I want you to feel because in all of this the one thing we should be doing, is feeling. A song, a poem, a quote, or a film moment. These all give you those instances where you can't move you may smile because you know something good has happened, but you don't know why. These are the things I want to do to you.
I don't know where I'm going with this. And that's so much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment