Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Having patience...

The only difference between now and five years from now is nothing can be different, or everything can be different. When you have a time in your life that moves you, it could be a song on the radio or something on the television, maybe an interaction between two people that gives you a spark. That is a moment of instant happiness. It's there and then it's gone, but if you can have that, what will you do for it? I find myself obsessed lately with happiness. It is pretty clear to me that as of this moment, I have no idea how to achieve what I want in life. The real pleasure isn't in knowing that some day I can have those things though, it's in understanding how happy I'll be on the way. We are inspired daily by the greatest and sometimes, most simple things in life. The smile of the one you hold most dear, a ray of sun through the clouds, or the understanding that someone knows what you're feeling, can change everything. This is a far fetched idea, but why can't you have whatever you want? Not necessarily the things in life, those only hold the same value until you have them. What I am talking about are the joys that come along the way. Those are the things that are really important. To know you are doing something right because it's right for you. Helping someone out in a way that is great beyond measure even though to you it may have been easy. Always looking around the corner for the next happy moment with someone, or by yourself. Happiness is made, it's just up to you to figure out what makes you happy and do that. And if it hasn't happened yet, just wait, have patience. That good idea, that spark is going to come. Make everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment