The prompt for this piece was to write about a reality you could once see for yourself, but can no longer. A childhood dream or past relationship. For some reason I always tend to write when I hear music. Songs inspire thoughts that make me want to pour into a page when would otherwise have nothing to say. The song happened to inspire the piece, but doesn't directly fit the prompt...It toes the line though so I figured I could get away with it. If your curious, the song is called "Never Had" by Oscar Isaac.
Enjoy.
When was the last time life approached you like a freight train? When has life ever hit you so hard that you felt no choice but to let it roll through. If not for the footprints leading to the tracks, no one would even know you had been on the path. Little things can catch you so off guard that they seem like a locomotive and you don't have any say, only left with the after thought. Beauty is a powerful thing. There is a beauty in being able to let go of people. Not to give them up, but to know they're on track to a different place. They may come back, or you may never see them again, but you can look on them in the distance and feel good about their journey. Feel good without sadness.
Harness the love in life. It isn't a statement, as much as it is a dare. There are a brave few out there, a certain kind of person that let's life happen without intention. Exciting and confusing, they don't apologize for any path they may take. After all, they didn't ask you to hitch a ride. It's a frustrating feeling, to see someone doing so much and feeling like a fake. To preach something, it must be practiced...practiced and learned. It so much the fakery that gives the feelings of deception, it's the anxiety that comes in wanting to be at the destination already. Suppose that it isn't the not understanding that is the bothersome thought, but the understanding. Knowing someone has traveled so far that you may never catch up.
It's crazy, almost insane to a point, that you could look back on one moment, and it seems almost unreal. Not unreal in the sense that it didn't happen, but unreal in the sense that you can see everything in a moment. The most intricate details make absolute sense, like being awoken from a dream, but in time blur into a messy haze. We live for the hurt, just like we live for the love. There's a moment right in between those spaces where things feel the most real. There's a moment when you just know things are going to work out. Some people would call it having a little faith. On these things I tend to agree. Whatever is going to happen, will happen. Just give it time. Maybe a fork in the road reconnects somewhere down the tracks. Maybe people are destined to travel in opposite directions forever. Things will workout however you let them. Live with happiness and hope...and don't be afraid to let someone go.
I really feel like I can relate to this piece and I can feel the emotion in your writing. You have a wonderful way of putting your thoughts on paper. I read the lyrics to this song and now I want to hear it! Thanks for sharing, I really enjoy reading your blog.
ReplyDelete